- "I am... what is left of His Majesty's 3rd Independent Parachute Brigade."
- ―James Montgomery Falsworth[src]
World War IIEdit
He was a member of His Majesty's Template:WPS of the British Armed Forces. His unit was captured by the Germans in October 1943 and sent to work at the top secret HYDRA weapons facility in the Austrian Alps. There, Falsworth and his cellmates arranged a fatal "accident" for Colonel Lohmer.
Later, Falsworth was handpicked to join the Howling Commandos, along with Dugan and Bucky Barnes to be Captain America's personal unit, and helped cleanse HYDRA from Germany. In April 1944, Falsworth and the other Commandos confronted the Red Skull and halted his research into Asgardian Runestones.
After Captain America's supposed death, he and the other surviving commandos drank together in memory of their supposedly fallen leader. By this time, Falsworth had earned numerous service ribbons, such as the Template:WPS, Template:WPS, Template:WPS, and the Template:WPS.
After The WarEdit
- Expert Strategist:
- Expert Combatant: Falsworth has a large knowledge of the combat taught by the British Armed Forces. He used these abilities when fighting HYDRA soldiers.
- Expert Marksman: Falsworth easily wields multiple guns while fighting HYDRA.
- Template:WPS: Falsworth carried a revolver as his sidearm, getting to use it as he ambushed HYDRA Forces with the rest of the Howling Commandos during the Attack on HYDRA Headquarters.
- Template:WPS: Falsworth carried this submachine gun as his weapon of choice, and he used it during the Howling Commandos' raids on HYDRA facilities and during the Attack on HYDRA Headquarters.
- Template:WPS: Falsworth carried a holster filled with grenades during his time serving as a member of the Howling Commandos.
Video Game OnlyEdit
- In the comics, Falsworth becomes the masked superhero Union Jack, where he is a veteran of WWI and was an elderly man, with two grown kids, Jacqueline and Brian. After gaining powers, Jacqueline after a blood transfusion from the original Human Torch, combined with an earlier bite from her vampire uncle, which granted her super speed; and Brian from a variant of the Super Soldier Serum, both fought alongside Captain America during World War II.
- While Falsworth's beret is the correct maroon color, the badge has no resemblance to that of any of the Parachute Brigades. Rather it is a fictional badge that appears to resemble that of the Scots Guards albeit with a Union Flag in the center. This is likely a reference to his role in the comic books as the character Union Jack.
- In the non-canon video game Captain America: Super Soldier, Falsworth is captured and placed in a containment device, with Arnim Zola intending to kill Captain America and drain his blood to re-create the Super Soldier Serum and use it on Falsworth to transform him into a symbol and the perfect assassin. This and the Union Jack flag located beside him are a reference to his comics codename.
- ↑ Captain America: First Vengeance
- ↑ Captain America: First Vengeance, Volume 7
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Captain America: The First Avenger
- ↑ Captain America: First Vengeance, Volume 4
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Guidebook to the Marvel Cinematic Universe - Captain America: The First Avenger, p13.
- ↑ The Avengers Deleted Scene
- ↑ Agent Carter: 1.05: The Iron Ceiling
- ↑ Captain America: Super Soldier